Mission & Values
To provide an atmosphere that allows all to be spiritually fed
To train and equip all for service to god
To develop and use ways for reaching the lost
To seek to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of all people
To support home and foreign missions financially, prayerfully and physically. We will do more, pray more and give more
A small group of families in the farming community of Kellum began gathering for worship in the little one room school house on Kellum Loop Road.
An itinerant preacher arrived by horseback to lead these services. The local train depot served as their second meeting place when the school board decided it was not appropriate for worship to take place in a school. Eventually the Atlantic Coastline Railway Company asked the parishioners to leave the depot because of insurance concerns.
This small group of believers would not give up on their desire to worship together and organized themselves as Kellum Baptist Church in 1902. Their faithfulness was rewarded when they were given a plot of land on which to build their first church home. That plot of land is still a part of our current campus.